We are Dustin Design Drafting are a locally owned company in Eastern Ontario & have been serving the region since 2013. We are recognized by local authorities and acknowledged by the Ministry of Municipal Affairs & Housing. We provide building permits (from renovations, secondary dwellings, additions, decks & patios) & property management services to homeowners, builders, remodelers, contractors, and engineers.
We are currently seeking locally situated individuals in the Ottawa Ontario Region, who are studying in the field as an Architectural Technologist/Technician, (with experience), and who have a keen interest in residential drafting and design and who would like to join our team as a Junior Architectural Technologist/Technician.
Your job responsibilities in this role includes, and is not limited to;
- Measure existing spaces
- Create existing drafting plan
- Create preliminary design with guidance
- Produce Building permit drawings
To be a successful candidate you must meet the following criteria:
- You are working towards or have obtained a Diploma as an Architectural Technologist or equivalent
- Have a knowledge of the Ontario Building Code
- Have a knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit, but also know that you will be trained to use Chief Architect Software
- Have a technical knowledge of residential renovations and home construction
- Must be able to multi-task and work well with others, while also being supervise
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to problem solve, and not be afraid to ask questions
- Have an understanding of the importance of deadlines and the ability to work under pressure
- Have a valid driver's license (requirement) access to vehicle to perform site measures
- This is a work-from-home position
This is an $ hourly paid position, and will be based on experience.
If you are confident that you fulfill the requirements listed above and want to join our team of hard-working young professionals, we want to hear from you.
Ottawa, ON Fulltime, Permanent Job Start Date: September/October 2021